.

.

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Little Smilers, Accomplishment

The girls have hit one of the most fantastic milestones yet. They've started smiling and sometimes even laughing. Yeah, yeah, they've had smiles here and there since the beginning, but these are real, purposeful smiles.  My heart melts even more than I thought possible each time I talk to one of those little girls and she responds with the biggest grin she can muster!  Emily will even crack herself up sometimes just smilin away and thinking whatever thoughts babies think.  Scott said he woke up the other morning to her laughing and laughing in the other room.  Now, these are not yet true giggles, but almost like a loud hiccup sound.  Very cute!





What's so funny, Rosie??

A sumo wrestler has replaced my baby!
All that smiling wore them out
Momma's Accomplishment - after almost a year of separation from sports bras, running shoes, and iPod, I finally ran again!  While pregnant, I daydreamed of getting back on my feet and pounding out the miles.  Sunday, I finally tried out this dream and felt pretty damn good about it!  With my old running partners, Bennie and Reece, and the addition of a huge double stroller with two growing girls inside, I decided to give it a go.  Why, you ask, would I decide to run, pushing such a large stroller, in the 90+degree weather in the middle of the day??  Well, apparently, I like the true torture of sweating my ass off!  I ran a whole mile!  Well, since I'm such an honest person, I have to explain myself.  Like I said, its been almost a year, and the body needs some warm up time!  I started out running half a mile, walked .7 miles, and then ran another half mile, walked .7. Damn did it feel good!!  My legs were sore the next day which I always love.  Its a reminder of the work that I did.
Hopefully, I can keep up with it.  The Atlanta Dog Jog, which I do every year is Oct. 30 so now I have some motivation to get me running again.  If I keep running with that stroller the race will be a breeze!
This picture describes my family perfectly - Reece isn't paying attention,
Bennie is focused on me, Scott isn't there since he hates the park, Taylor is sleeping and Emily is crying! 
This is my running face...
Mrs. J

No comments:

Post a Comment