.

.

Monday, March 5, 2012

Catching Up


I really want to update my blog, but I can’t think of anything to write!  My mind is a completely empty space.  I think its because there is too much in it to even comprehend!  I am certainly no professional and just started writing a little over a year ago, but I believe this is what they call Writer’s Block!
Oh!  We bought a new house last Friday!  That’s definitely big news!  Its also a lot more work added into our life.  We found a house, fairly close to our current house, in Foreclosure, on 3 acres!  We both actually like our current house more as far as the layout, but there are many things better with the new property.  The land, obviously, is the biggest benefit and there’s no way what we currently have could even compare to that.  Multiple subdivisions have been built up all around the property, but ours is surrounded by woods, so when the leaves come back, you won’t be able to see the other yards, or even our house from the street. The driveway is really long and has a turnaround.  The dogs will love running around the property and of course the girls will love playing in the woods.  There’s also an additional detached 2-car garage/shop for Scott.  This is a benefit for me because I’ll get the house garage back and be able to park inside!  Another better thing than our current house is that the basement is already finished.  Our current basement is basically just storage because its not yet livable.  This will be so much easier and instantly usable.  My brother-in-law and his girlfriend are actually planning to move down to GA in May and our basement has been discussed as a perfect apartment option for them since it has a fairly large bedroom, nice common room, full bathroom, full kitchen and a separate back entrance.  We’re really excited for them to come down!
Another bonus of this house is that it has an in ground pool!  I actually have mixed feelings about this, with young children.  I’m not a great swimmer, nor really enjoy swimming and it makes me very nervous to think about the accidents that could happen.  They have some great covers out there now, and other safety options, so we’ll have to do our research.  Maybe we’ll open it next year, but this summer is probably out.
Another bonus of the new house…I can have chickens!!!!  This is probably at the very top of my list of why I’m excited about moving!  On this blog, I have yet to get into my very strong feelings and beliefs on animals used for consumption, and all other animal welfare issues, but having my own egg laying hens strongly supports my views against the conventional ways. I have not yet put this topic in my blog, since it really started out as a way to keep up with my babies, but the more comfortable I get with writing, the more I’m tempted to open it up to other areas of my life.  What I may end up doing is create a new blog to keep “The Jergler Family Doubles” blog pure and contained.  I worry if I start introducing other topics, my true blog will lose its purpose and focus.  Sounds like I’ve just convinced myself to expand and create a new blog (or two)!  Now that we’re starting this new venture with the house, chickens, and eventually a sustainable lifestyle, I’m tempted to create a House blog, and then also another blog about my compassion for animal welfare and a Green, Sustainable lifestyle.  So, to conclude this section of my post, stay tuned for blog expansion!

Girlie Update
I realized yesterday, sadly, that I haven’t posted on here in 3 weeks.  I hate when that happens, especially when I feel like these girls are changing on a daily basis.  I feel like A good friend had told me “Don’t worry, every age will be your favorite.”  I now know exactly what she means.  I’ve mentioned this before, but I used to be so sad with how quickly Emily and Taylor were growing out of the infant stage.  I don’t feel that way anymore (unless I look at cute pictures of how small and precious they were), because I am SO loving this age.  They are now at the stage where they are mobile, so curious about everything, showing how much they love us, and interacting with us like people, rather than babies.  Some of the things, no matter how small, are so funny and just so eye opening for me.  I honestly had no experience before of how babies develop and when they learn things and it’s been such a learning experience for me as well.  They’re really learning their social skills right now as well and I think it really helps them to have each other, because they’re getting day to day experience on interacting with each other, sharing, and empathy.
Taylor LOVES to walk around the house, assisted with your hands.  She looks like a little Orangutan, with her arms up in the air, her belly sticking out, and in-turned knees.  She laughs and talks the whole time since she’s so excited.  It is amazing to see how busy both of the girls are and all the things they pick up, look at and try to figure out.  They move across the house in a matter of seconds.  Emily is such a happy, happy little girl and is always smiling and laughing.  Unless, of course, something has been taken away from her or she gets hurt.  Then, it’s all about being held by Momma or Daddy and being whiney.  She’s also started walking while pushing her toys around and letting go of things when she’s standing.  This girl will be walking on her own in no time.  It instantly melts my heart over and over whenever either of them truly acknowledge me and show how special I am to them.  When holding Taylor, she’ll look at my face, smile, and then rest her head on my shoulder.  When holding Emily, sometimes she’ll look right at my face and then give me a big, open mouthed, sloppy kiss, over and over.  I just love it so much!!!!  They’re also learning the word “No” a lot now and their responses are so funny.  Whenever I tell Emily “No” about something, she either looks right at me and laughs, or she’ll start crying and want me to hold her.  SO cute! When I tell Taylor “No”, she stops what she’s doing for a second, looks at me and responds with what sounds like “huh”.  I believe she’s trying to repeat me.  When she finds something she shouldn’t put in her mouth, I tell her No and she pulls it away from her mouth.  When I come over to her, she sticks her hand out to give the item to me.
The girls visited their boyfriends, Landon and Chase

Frightening Friday
Friday, March 2nd, there was talk all day about bad weather and possible tornados.  It had been really warm out the past few days but the temp started to drop Friday.  Around 9pm, we were sitting around chatting (me, Scott, both of our cousins, and a friend) and the girls were sound asleep in their cribs.  Our next door neighbor called and asked me if we were watching the weather.  We had just seconds before that started talking about looking to see what the weather was like, but we weren’t up to date on it.  She said that there is a tornado that came all the way from Alabama and is headed directly for the town we live in.  She asked if they could come over and get in our basement.  They came over shortly after that and we ended up having to wake the girls up to bring them downstairs.  At about 9:45, the Tornado Sirens went off.  That was the scariest noise and I don’t believe I’ve ever been that scared that something could actually happen.  They guys had been upstairs still watching the news, but when the siren went off, they all ran downstairs like little girls!  After a while, we all came back upstairs, but then the siren went off again, so we headed back to the basement.  Thankfully, no damage was done.  We eventually got the girls back to bed and went to bed.  At 1:45 am, the siren went off again.  I don’t believe I’ve ever moved so fast in my whole life as I jumped out of bed from the sound.  Scott went downstairs to watch the news, but they were saying there was severe thunderstorm warnings in nearby towns, but not ours.  The siren went off again, but the storms were not directly over us.  We didn’t get the girls up again and I went back to bed, while Scott watched the news some more.
After Friday night, I realized I am not prepared whatsoever for emergencies.  I am now going to put together an emergency kit to leave in the basement.  We also had no blankets, chairs, nothing down there for sitting a long time.  We had to sit on the floor, which hasn’t been vacuumed in probably a year!  At the new house, there is a carpeted room in the deepest part of the basement, which I will now be sure to keep an emergency kit in for future use!


Well, I guess I ended up thinking of a lot of things to write!  Just talking about not having anything to write about got my brain moving and the ideas flowing.  In a few days from now I’ll have to post the girls’ 10 Month update!!!

Mrs. J

No comments:

Post a Comment