At Emily and Rosie's 15 month check up, they were at or above average. Rosie was 26 pounds and 31 or 32 inches. She is at, or above, the 95th percentile in the categories of height, weight and head circumference! She could easily pass for a 2 year old! Emily was at 24 pounds, 30 or 31 inches, and is in the 50th percentile for weight and head circumference and 50th to 75th percentile for height.
![]() |
| 15 Months Old |
Em and Rosie are now 16 months old. The fact that I have almost year and a half old daughters amazes me every day. Now when I see people with infant twins, it's like a completely different world that seemed ages ago. I have a friend from high school who I've reconnected with who is having twin boys in November. I got to attend her baby shower since I happened to be in New York the same time as the shower and it was so great to see her. When I saw her baby bump and all the anticipation of having two babies, I got such a warm, envious feeling, knowing all the amazement and excitement that she's going through. I loved the infant and baby stage so much that for a long time I would get so sad that my girls were growing up, but now I'm glad their not babies anymore. I certainly want a baby again, but don't want those girls to be babies. Everything that they're doing now, who they are and how they're interacting totally make up for it. Every time they get to a new stage, I say it's my favorite. But the stage they're in now is definitely my favorite! Here are many reasons why I love this age so much:
- They constantly have to stop what they're doing to run over and hug me or sit on my lap.
- They LOVE shoes. In this point, they are definitely their mother's daughters! It's so cute how many mornings, as soon as they get up, they have to put their shiny black shoes on and walk around the house or eat their breakfast! As soon as you tell them it's time to put their shoes on, they are running around looking for them, plop down on the floor and stick their feet in the air to get their shoes on. I'm such a proud mother!
![]() |
| Had to put their shoes on before we had breakfast. |
- They LOVE books. Oh wow, I was SO worried about this fact right here when I was pregnant and when they were babies. SO worried that I might have children who don't like books. Well, they don't just like books, they are obsessed with books! Both of them have to have a book in her hand most of the time, and they are always reading books to themselves, or bring them over to us to read. They've got little plastic Adirondack chairs in their bedroom and each night when we go up to get ready for bed, Emily sits in her little chair and reads her book. It's the cutest thing!
- They are talking to us! These girls talk constantly and now have actual English words that we understand. 'Mama' and 'Dada' of course are two of the staples, but they also say 'Ball', 'Dog', and their favorite word is 'More'. 'More' is easily used by both of them many, many times a day! Our children definitely aren't the ones that we'd ever need to be concerned about not being vocal! Rosie also has a very distinct "word/voice" when she's addressing Emily and you can see that she's talking directly to her and Emily acknowledges, but I can't make out what it is yet. They both jibber jabber to themselves all day long. I caught Emily singing all the way home the other night from the park, while reading a book of course! The audio is below.
- They love accessories (bracelets, earrings, jackets) and have started picking out their outfits.
- They're excited about everything. They show open, pure joy about every new thing and show that they remember things that they really enjoy. It's so fun to get them excited about everything. It's fun too to tell them things to do or ask them to do things and they completely understand!
![]() |
| This girl could easily pass for a 2 1/2 year old! |
Until next time (which will NOT be another two months),
Mrs. J
.jpg)






.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
yea about time!! i frequently check and was about to e mail you to tell you to update! what happened to the time??? my little one is nearly 1 yr old already!
ReplyDelete