.

.

Monday, September 23, 2013

Three Months Old

Matthew turned three months old Saturday, September 21.  I couldn't post this yesterday because we were in New York with bad Internet service and then driving back to Georgia all night and this morning.  All of that traveling and thoughts on the whole experience of the past couple weeks will be in a much needed, very long, post hopefully tomorrow!
But, for now, I wanted to make sure I acknowledge three months in a timely fashion!
His two month doctor check up (with vaccines) was pretty late because of the traveling we were doing the second half of August and at that time he was exactly 13 pounds, which was during the first week of September.  I haven't weighed him since that visit, but I'm guessing he's probably around 13 and a half pounds now.  He hit a couple growth spurts during this third week, which means nursing him every 1-2 hours for a couple days at a time!  He's in the 90th Percentile for height.  I had wondered where all his weight was going, because he's not a chubby baby at all, but now realize that it's stretched out because he's so long!
During this third month of life, we've seen such a transformation in him with how interactive he is.  He will smile at everybody and anybody when they talk to him.  He loves to sit and watch his sisters and will laugh at them when they get in his face and talk to him.  If someone else is holding him, he will lock his eyes onto me and follow me around the room, making sure I don't get too far away!
He also started daycare during his third month of life, which is a whole other emotional post I've been needing to publish.
He's so content to eat and cuddle.  Anything else he has to do, like get his clothes or diaper changed, sleep on his own, or not get fed fast enough, he certainly shows how unhappy he is.  At this point, we have still failed to transition him to his crib and he still sleeps in the swing in our room, or in our bed.  I've been meaning to work on getting him in his crib, but with all the traveling we've been doing, it just hasn't happened.
A huge milestone this month is that he's sleeping throughout the night now!  He will have his last meal at night between 10:30 and 11 and will not wake up again to eat until 6 or 7:00!  Well, now that I started back at work this week, on work mornings, I wake him up at 6 to nurse him but then he's good until about 9:30 when Scott drops him off.  The first night he slept 9 hours was unbelievable! Then when he kept doing it I was so relieved because I'd really hoped it would happen before I went back to work.  Luckily, it started the week before I went back!
During this third month of life, he's traveled to New York three times, and Florida once, and has been such a great traveler.  Besides stopping for quick meals along our drives, he slept the whole way on each trip, in his car seat, without making a peep when driving, and in my Ergo carrier when flying.  He's been such an easy traveler!
This kid is so damn cute, I can't even stand it.  And all I can think about when he smiles at me or talks back to me about something I said is how FUN it's going to be to see him develop in the next year and to really see his personality come out!
A fun way to show the transition of the past three months.  I don't see a huge difference between Month 2 and Month 3.  Probably because I was so late in taking the Month 2 picture!

Mrs. J

No comments:

Post a Comment