.

.

Saturday, May 30, 2015

Mommy and Daddy's Escape

April 9 - 13

In mid-April, Scott and I had the fun of going to New Orleans for my cousin's wedding.  The wedding was April 12, but we decided to go the 9th-13th and make a getaway out of it.  I'd been looking forward to this trip for so long, before I was pregnant.  Once I was pregnant, I realized it would definitely change my trip, but knew it would still be great fun.  We decided to take a few days ahead of the wedding to have a little getaway before the baby came, without all kids.  A "Baby Moon", if you will.  It was a great weekend for us to reconnect, have some adult fun, and see all the family on my Mom's side.  It was a great time!

Of course, for the first couple of days, all of our conversations went right back to the kids, but after we got in our groove of being just the two of us, and hanging all weekend with my cousin and his wife who don't have kids, we had more adult conversations!  It was just what we needed, since we don't see each other much these days, with all his jobs!

We rented an apartment in the Uptown area of New Orleans to get a real feel of the life in The Big Easy.  It was great to get some adult time for a few days, which is something we really needed.  We spent our days in the French Quarter, exploring and sightseeing.  At night, we went to a local restaurant near our apartment, for the local feel.  My parents met us on the second night for dinner at a local Japanese restaurant.
New Orleans Pictures:
Let's just say that these two will never make it in a singing career...
I completely overdosed on the Cafe Du Monde Beignets! 
Riding the famous New Orleans Trolly
Bourbon Street with all the crazies!
Grampa Goat with a local...not sure honestly which one is crazier!
The two of us having any uninterrupted conversations, or time for just us comes very, very little these days, and I'm sure even more sparse very soon!  On Saturday, we headed to the hotel that everyone else was staying at and let the festivities begin!  Much time was spent walking around the French Quarter, taking in the crazy sites of people at their weirdest on Bourbon St.  I think I must have walked about 15 miles over the 3-4 days.  This made for a VERY sore back, being 33 weeks pregnant, but I held up pretty well!
Rehearsal Dinner Pictures:
My mom with the beautiful bride!
Wedding Pictures:
Brother-In-Laws

The authentic N.O. jazz band was great
Beautiful Couple!
My parents' 35th Wedding Anniversary was the same day as the wedding!
Beautiful Venue
Everything about this trip was great, fun, smooth and just what we needed!  I'm really not sure when we'll ever have a trip to ourselves again, with 4 kids to find childcare for!!

Mrs. J

No comments:

Post a Comment