.

.

Friday, October 9, 2015

Four Months Old

Sweet Callie has been such a busy girl this last month!  It's amazing the amount of new things she's done in just one month, and so early too!
At her four month check-up, she weighed in at 14 pounds, 10 ounces, head circumference of 16 inches, and she's 25 inches tall.  She had been at least 90th percentile for weighed since she was born, but she's finally slowing down and is now in the 76th percentile.
In early to mid-September, she rolled over from belly to back.  This is the easier motion out of the two ways a baby can roll over, but still, it's early.  Then, on September 15, she rolled from back to belly!  That's something babies don't normally do until they're at least 5 months old!  Of course, I put her right back on her back, to video her rolling over, and she didn't do it again that day.  But, she's done it a couple of times since then.
She has also found her feet!  Any time you lay her on her back, she instantly pulls her knees to her chest and grabs both feet.
I will openly admit that she is my favorite baby! She has by far been the sweetest and happiest baby that I've had out of the four.  I also think part of it has to do with how her life started out, and I feel so much more thankful to have her with us, which is funny because you'd think I'd be even more thankful for Emily and Rosie since it took so long, and so much work, for us to even conceive them.  But, I guess there's just this thing that happens emotionally when you go through a traumatic event with someone.  Even without that, though, she's definitely special and I feel such a strong connection with her, even more so than my other 3 when they were babies.
Because of her condition when she was born, she automatically was enrolled in Babies Can't Wait, which is a Georgia state funded program, to help babies with delays, disabilities, etc.  The first month, the Physical Therapist came out to assess her to see what she might need, but said she wouldn't recommend actual physical therapy, since there wasn't anything wrong with her.  But, just as a benefit, and to be proactive, she wanted to come assess her once a month.  When she came this past month (early to mid-September) she commented that Callie is the most social baby she's ever worked with.  This is so great for her social skills, which she obviously has no issue with, but is a negative for her "problem solving skills".  Who would have thought a baby would need to have problem solving skills??  What this means though is that she's so interested in interacting, that she's not interested in playing with toys, which could prohibit her from learning manipulative or cognitive skills.  So, we have to work on that.  She will certainly be the social butterfly of the family!
I can't wait to see what she comes up with this next month!

What an amazing journey it's already been, being this little baby's mom.  I can't even describe how thankful I am to have that role!
Mrs. J

2 comments:

  1. How in the world is Callie already FOUR MONTHS OLD?!! Wow, that went fast! She is such a special and beautiful baby :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot believe Callie Hope is 4 months old! She is truly happy and looks so healthy. What a beautiful baby girl!

    ReplyDelete