The time really is flying by faster than it ever has before, which is hard to believe. At this point, I don't even know where to begin. I guess I'll start with Halloween, since that's kind of where I left off.
October:
We only did one extra Halloween activity this year, besides Trick or Treating on the actual day. My Mothers of Multiples group always has a great fall party, with costumes and a little treat path with goodies. For at least the month before Halloween, both Emily (Spiderman, then Ironman, then Hulk Girl, etc.) and Rosie (princess, Spiderman, Hello Kitty, etc.) changed their minds a hundred times on what they were going to be. Matthew was consistent the whole time, saying he wanted to be Leonardo from the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. As usual, I procrastinated until that day on what the kids were going to wear. I also waited until about an hour before the event to offer face painting! So, the girls pieced together their outfits and I pulled out Matt's pirate costume. I think it actually turned out really well, the kids looked great, the food was yummy and the company was great!
On Halloween night, Matthew stuck with his Leonardo costume, Emily went with Hulk Girl (which was SUCH a cute costume) and Rosie was Belle, her favorite princess. They ran the whole neighborhood, no one got tired, and they had fun!
November:
Once November rolled around, that meant true Fall weather, getting ready for Thanksgiving and Callie turning 5 months old!
When I wrote about her turning 4 months old, she was rolling over some. Between months 4 and 5 she really kept developing at a quick rate. She certainly mastered rolling over both ways and because of this, gave up the play mat pretty quickly. That's the mat where they lay on their back and grab things above them. Because she's been doing so well, at her four month therapy visit, the therapist said she wouldn't need to see her again until 6 months old. She was so happy with her progress, especially with a couple of the things she'd pointed out to work on. I also started sitting her in the little high chair, to help her sit up and enjoy her toys without always having to lay on the floor.
I also got the jumper out shortly after she turned 4 months old and she's really enjoyed it. Especially before she really started moving around the floor, it was a great way for her to pass some time and look around! The other three of course won't leave her alone when she's in it, and Emily even covered her one day in "lotion"(diaper cream).
Thanksgiving:
Of course, we have more to be thankful for during this holiday season than we ever have before in our lives. We have four beautiful and healthy children, including a baby who beat all odds and is the happiest, most loving, and amazing baby. I've had the wonderful opportunity for the past year and a half to stay home with the kids and experience being a full-time mom. While it's the hardest job I've ever had, it's been so wonderful to be so involved with their lives, and to be with a baby 24/7.
The week before Thanksgiving, the kids had a concert and family lunch at school. Scott went through the preschool on the way to the show, so Matt saw him and then ended up crying the entire time he was on stage! Emily was so into it that you could hear her singing over everyone else the whole time! Rosie just stood there and waved to us or started. It was cute! And they showered us with many cute Thanksgiving crafts.
One more month in 2015 to go!
Mrs. J

No comments:
Post a Comment