.

.

Saturday, January 23, 2016

December/Christmas

As I think about this past month, and the Christmas Season, I can't help but realize how different this Christmas was for me than any Christmas I can ever remember.  It's been almost a year now since I've been going to church, finding my spirituality, and following Jesus, so this Christmas meant so much more to me than it had in the past.  I completely immersed myself in the true meaning of Christmas and really made more of a point of learning about and embracing the full story.  It was wonderful to include the kids in this true part of Christmas, by talking about Baby Jesus, reading the Christmas story each night, listening to them sing at their school pageant and hearing how they interpret all of it.  The evening that Gwinnett Church had the Christmas celebration was so wonderful and inspiring.  The main focus was 'The Light of the World' and how the moment Jesus was born, he became the light in the world, which was full of darkness up to that point.  If we follow him and welcome him in our hearts, we are that light, and people will see that light in us, and hopefully be inspired or moved.  I hope I can be that positive light in the world around me!  Because of all this, this Christmas season has seemed so much more special and meaningful.

All of this year's December was full of Christmas activities and fun. The first Christmas related thing we did was go to the outdoor showing of The Polar Express at the Buford Community Center, where they had the tree lighting and Santa.  Matt was terrified of Santa last year at 1 and a half years old, just as the girls were at that same age.  But this year, he was so excited about Santa and looked forward to any opportunity to meet him.  I'm sure it helped that the girls were excited and that rubbed off on him.  Callie hasn't had much of a reaction because she's not really at the point that she notices that other people are strangers.  This was their first Santa visit of the season so they were SO excited.  Emily tried to stay for a while to have a conversation with him, of course!  After Santa, the movie started and I was surprised how long they sat and watched it!  They almost made it to the end, but then got restless, which was ok since we were sitting towards the back so they got to run a little bit.
Here's the rest of our Christmas activities in pictures!
ONE picture of all 4 looking at the camera and looking like they're happy!
 Every year, I'm amazed to see the progression of growth in our family just by looking at our yearly ornaments!
Matthew was so proud of his little Baby Jesus he made, and it really was the most precious art project I've seen!
Random tree picture at the mall.  Emily was upset that I through her flower petals in the tree.
I didn't know she wanted to keep them!
2016 Jergler Ornament
Best Christmas Present EVER!!
This was such a wonderful Christmas season, for many reasons!  Baby Jesus, fun activities, cute bows and Christmas outfits, family, and teaching the kids the true meaning of Christmas.

Mrs. J

No comments:

Post a Comment