.

.

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Our Blog has Begun!!

It's about time I did this!  I've been wanting to start a blog forever!  I feel like I have a lot to say about many different topics, but no one would really care to hear.  Well, now that Scott and I are expecting twin girls, I have LOTS to talk about that I think people will actually want to read!  I figure this is also a great way for me to keep a kind of digital scrapbook for us, since I'm sure I won't have time to make real scrapbooks for a long time!  Also, since all of our family lives out of town, what a great way to keep everyone updated for the rest of the pregnancy, the birth of our girls, as well as once they are in our life.  More people will be able to keep up with whats going on and see our girls grow.

Our life completely changed seven months ago when we found out I was pregnant.  It was a long time coming and I don't know if either of us believed it would ever happen.  Then, about a month and a half later we were blown away again with the news that, not only were we going to become parents, but we would become the parents of TWO babies!  WOW...it just blows me away every single day...

Pregnancy Recap -
Since I didn't start this before being pregnant, or at least during the beginning of pregnancy, I'll need to write a recap of the pregnancy to this point.
Back in October, in high anticipation of my 30th Birthday, I told Scott I really wanted to go to Nashville, TN to celebrate my birthday, with our friends.  That's my most favoritest city in the whole world!  Well, the Monday before we were to go, I confirmed at the doctor's office that, YES, I am pregnant!  So, Nashville ended up being much more tame than I thought it would be!  But, it was a blast and a great way to celebrate the good news.  My parents and brother, Kyle, and Uncle John surprised me by showing up.  Our closest friends shared the weekend with us too - The Blakesleys, Kristy & Jason, and of course my most best friend in the whole world, my whole life, my cousin Nicole.  The great news completely overshadowed my 30th birthday, but that's ok...I was too distracted to be upset about meeting that milestone.
Because of being pregnant with twins, I have to go to a Perinatologist for all my ultrasounds, since it's considered a high risk pregnancy.  The benefit of this is that we get to see the babies throughout the entire pregnancy with routine ultrasounds.  At the 12 week ultrasound, the technician and the Specialist both made separate guesses that we were having two girls.  They were very sure of themselves.  This was confirmed at the 18 week ultrasound and there was NO question about both of them being girls.  I think it took Scott a couple of days to get used to the fact that his life is now going to be drowned in Pink, but he got over that real quick!
From those early weeks, all the way up to 29 weeks, it's been a very quiet, boring pregnancy.  Boring is good though when it comes to pregnancy, especially a twin pregnancy!  The girls just keep growing and growing and moving around all the time.  What an amazing feeling that is! 
Last week, 29 Weeks, at my bi-weekly ultrasound, the Specialist got concerned about my cervix and has put me on bed rest for a week.  That's where we're at now.  It's not something at this point that is a serious premature labor concern or anything like that, but definitely something that could become an issue, if ignored.  I go back Wednesday (4/13) to reevaluate and see if the bed rest can be lightened up at all.  I never thought it would be hard to lay around all the time and have people take care of you, but I've come to realize that it's definitely hard to have to be lazy/lay around when you're required to, rather than when you want to.  And, since I've always felt so great and am not exhausted while laying around, it's hard to lay around! 
I owe so much to Scott for taking care of me and making sure I can stay put by handing me everything, while I sit in my recliner (which he and my mom rushed out the day of my Baby Shower to buy me).  I have never been very good at taking care of Scott and doing things for him, so I truly owe him big time, and at least know that I have the rest of my life to make it up to him!  I also owe so much to my mom!  As soon as she heard I would be on bed rest for a week, she immediately cancelled her return flight back to NY (came for the shower and was going to leave Monday) so that she could wait on me hand and foot for a week!  She is so giving and nurturing and makes my life so much easier!! 

Well, that doesn't seem like it was very much information for seven months worth of amazing changes and excitement, but from now on is when the real excitement begins!  My Baby Shower was this past Saturday, but I'll include that in a few days, when I have pictures to share.

Here's to (hopefully) a successful new blog!

Angela

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE it!!! Thanks for the updates!! I am so excited!! Keep posting pics!!! LUV COLE

    ReplyDelete