.

.

Monday, January 2, 2012

2011 - Goodbye My Friend...

2011...it's very important that I say goodbye to you and express my deepest thoughts about the times I had with you.  As we start a new year, I can't help but feel deeply saddened by the fact that 2011 is over.  The year was by far the most life changing, amazing, anticipated, wonderful, and defining year of my entire life.  I don't know if I can truly put into words how I feel about 2011, but I'm going to try because I always want to remember it.
2011 in Review:
The year started right off with my being pregnant, since that started in 2010, and with the highest anticipation I've ever felt.  June 19 felt ages away.  January started the year off with excitement in finding out that we were having not one, but TWO, baby girls.  I am definitely not a patient person and sometimes find it so difficult to find a way to pass the days away when I'm waiting for something so exciting.  Being pregnant was obviously life changing, but confirming that Scott and I would become the parents of Daughters was mind boggling, sweet beyond words, and precious.  I spent the rest of my pregnancy running through the years with daughters in my mind, already loving the cute clothes, sweet voices, batting eyelashes, and terrifying thoughts of what my life will be like in 13-15 years.
The color Pink completely saturated our lives from January 18, 2011 on and gave us an idea what our life would be in a few months.  The next few months were spent planning the nursery, registering for gifts, continuing to visit doctors and dying of anticipation.  My growing belly was on my mind almost every second and I began to feel the movements of babies growing inside of me.  I was constantly amazed and in love with the fact of how magical and fascinating the whole pregnancy process is and the true feminine, once in a lifetime experience a first pregnancy is.
April started off with me going on bed rest and really learning what patience is.  The first couple of weeks were great...who doesn't want to get time off from commuting to the office and to be able to sit around the house watching TV and sleeping?  But, after that, it kind of got boring.  I panicked a little when I went on bed rest because it was close to when my baby shower was supposed to be and I was so worried I wouldn't be able to go!  But, the doctor approved, as long as I sat the whole time.  It was the best shower a girl to ask for and really showed me what a lucky girl I am to have the most sincere and amazing friends.  Scott was SO strict the 7 weeks I was restricted so it was quite the experience.
I never in a million years thought that I would have premature babies!  But, on May 12, I was admitted to the hospital and the next day changed my life.  How is it that you can fall instantly in love with someone you've only just seen for seconds?  And I got to do it with two of them!  These tiny, precious beings came into this world with the best love and care they could ever have wished for.  After 7 wonderful and stressful days in the hospital, they came home with us to become our family of four.
The next 7 1/2 months have been beyond words and months I hope to NEVER forget!  These months have been filled with laughing crying, bonding, not sleeping, changing 15 diapers a day, pumping milk, trying to tandem nurse infants, cuddling, growing, bonding, watching, picture taking, learning, teaching new things, singing, reading, talking, loving, bonding, screaming, changing, maturing, first smiles, first sounds, first touches, rolling over, bonding, sitting up, playing, fighting, compromising, sacrificing, bonding, first teeth, adjusting, cute clothes, finally sleeping through the night again, first cereal, first foods, bonding and boundless other firsts.  I could go on and on but I think I got my point across.
I don't want this post to end because it will me the official closing of 2011, which like I mentioned at the beginning, I'm sad to see go.  But, 2012 is going to bring many more firsts and unbelievable happiness as we watch our girls continue to grow and thrive.  There are so many more amazing things we will be able to experience with these girls and do with them.
I am SOOOOO excited for what lies ahead!

Happy New Year,
Mrs. J

No comments:

Post a Comment