One of the main things I've noticed this past month is how full of life my girls are. They are so full of energy, constantly trying to figure everything out, constantly testing the limits, and interacting with us with so much emotion. It's so amazing to see them act like true humans and I still sit in disbelief every single day that I grew these two people inside my body and that they are a part of me and Scott. Every single day!!
I know that on May 1, I posted that we had a walker. Well, that was actually just the practicing, assisted walking that Emily started, which Rosie started right behind her. But, now, on the exact day they hit 13 months in age, Emily started walking across the room unassisted. It's SO super cute to see this precious little girl walking around on her own! Both of them have been taking a few steps at a time, but only if they are certain that they only have a couple steps to make. Otherwise, they are on all fours, crawling as fast as they can. But, starting yesterday, Emily is on the move, on just her feet!
Taylor has become quite the bully to Emily. As soon as Emily picks up a toy, Rosie has to come over and get it from her. Sometimes, Emily screams in frustration, but other times, she just lets her take it. There are other times where Emily will pick something up, sees Rosie headed her way to take it from her, and just hands it over by the time she gets there! We try to correct Rosie on this, tell her No, and give the toy back to Emily, but then she just gets really angry. She had a complete tantrum the other day when Emily had my phone and I prevented Rosie from taking it from her at all. She was SO upset that Emily had that phone and she didn't. Boy, are we in trouble!!!!
I am so shocked by the fact that they are already testing their boundaries, and pushing their limits with us. I really had no idea that children started this at the mere age of 1. But, they are doing it everyday, and while I need to discipline them, I can't help but be in awe and/or laugh about it. One day, I was changing Emily on the couch and Rosie came over and started hitting her. Emily started crying so I told Rosie, "No! Don't touch her!". Rosie looked right at me and poked Emily one more time! Another time, we were sitting on the back porch and Emily kept touching the outlet cover. I told her No about 3 times, but she kept going right back to it. So, I went over, pulled her up, and spanked her on her butt. What did she do? Laugh at me! Then, out of the corner of my eye a few minutes later, I saw her go over to it again, touch it real fast and then look right over at me with a smile to see if I saw her! I ignored her like I didn't know she was doing it and she did it a couple more times to see my reaction, but then stopped when I wasn't giving her one! This development just blows my mind away!
They also have made mealtimes difficult at times. They HATE when we put food in their mouths now. No matter what it is, they want to feed themselves. This basically eliminates all the baby food we have left and anything creamy, soft, or runny. So, it's a little more work figuring out what they can eat as finger food and still be healthy. Emily is just now getting some top teeth, so we can't give her anything that is too difficult to chew. Although, I'm very impressed at how well she eats things, with just two teeth!
Well, that's all I wanted to say for now! I did get a CD of the girls' birthday photo session and they are SOOO cute! I'll have to post more once I figure out how to get them all on my computer, since I don't have a CD drive, but here are just a couple previews!
Mrs. J


No comments:
Post a Comment