This little boy has serious rocked my world! Just 15 months ago, I didn’t even know
Matthew existed, and now he has filled a hole in my heart that I never even
knew needed filling! When I’m not around
this happy, bubbly and personable boy, I just ache to be with him. When I’m with him, he’s just so affectionate,
content, and lights up just to see my face {no matter what I look like at the
moment}. The same cannot be said all the
time with my two and a half year olds. I
know they are just trying to establish their independence and figuring out who
they are as people, and I also know that they do love me more than anything in
the world {except for their Daddy}, but sometimes their looks of hatred and
defiance just crush me. But
Matthew? Oh no, this boy thinks I am the
greatest thing on Earth All.The.Time! I
really and truly hope the day doesn’t come where he starts acting like his
sisters, unpredictable in his love and affection for me…
Anyway, as for what Matthew’s done in the last month, the
most notable thing is his strength. He’s
always been such a strong baby from day one, but that is becoming more and more
clear with each day that passes. About
two and a half weeks ago {at 5½ months old} he started sitting up on his
own…Really sitting without falling over.
A couple days after that, he was up on his hands and knees! But, he’s only been up on his knees a couple
of times since then. When sitting, he
will still fall over once in a while, but not very often. He is also easily able to rake things towards
himself that he wants to play with {or cram in his mouth}, pick them up, and
move hand to hand. The most notable
ability he’s had for a couple weeks now is pulling himself up to a standing position! Whether it’s holding onto your hands, holding
his exersaucer, or onto the table, he can pull himself up and stand for a good
few seconds! This kid will be walking in
NO time! Well, he’ll probably actually
be running…to get away from his sisters.
Those girls love him to death, but are so rough with him. He loves them right back though, unless he
gets squeezed too hard. Rosie can always
make him laugh which is way too cute!
Every single time Scott drops him off, or I pick him up from daycare, his
teacher cannot stop raving about how strong he is and that he’s going to be
playing all the sports one day, and that he’s so much stronger than the other
kids in his class, even the older ones.
She also mentions every single time how popular and friendly he is, how
all the teachers come by to see him, and even the other parents ask about him
when he’s not here! She said he’s going
to be the most popular boy in high school some day! {I wonder if that will also have anything to
do with the fact that he’ll have two older sisters who his friends might be
interested in meeting!} And of course
his good looks help as well! :) Another huge milestone is that right on his 6 month birthday, Matthew had his first meal besides breast milk. I had tried cereal a few days before, but he just spit it right back out. On Saturday, he had cereal with a lot of breast milk, to make it nice and soupy, and also some butternut squash. He loved it!
On a side note, I looked back at my post from when Emily & Rosie turned 6 months old, to compare size. Emily was 16lbs, 14oz, 27.25 inches long and Rosie was a whopping 18lbs, 10oz, 27.75 inches long. So, Matthew is right in the middle of what their weights were, and longer than both of them.
The fact that Matthew is already six months old has not been lost on me. I know I have cherished every single moment of his newborn, infant and baby stages and have been diligent about not wishing any of it away, and this is why. Because I know how fast it goes. I know how quickly you can forget those tiny little toes, and that tiny, helpless little being, and the preciousness of it all. I know how quickly they go from bundles of tiny joy to bundles of endless energy. I also know how sad I get when thinking that they’ll never, ever, ever have the chance to take newborn pictures, sleep on my chest, and just be tiny again, so I made sure more than ever before with my daughters to be in the moment for every stage of his first six months. I do regret that those 6 months are already gone, and I also regret quite a few of the cute outfits he never got to wear, but what I’ll be able to say for my whole life is that I will never regret the time I spent during his first six months cuddling, snuggling, crying, bonding, and cherishing, that I’ll never get back but will always have in my head and in my heart.
The fact that Matthew is already six months old has not been lost on me. I know I have cherished every single moment of his newborn, infant and baby stages and have been diligent about not wishing any of it away, and this is why. Because I know how fast it goes. I know how quickly you can forget those tiny little toes, and that tiny, helpless little being, and the preciousness of it all. I know how quickly they go from bundles of tiny joy to bundles of endless energy. I also know how sad I get when thinking that they’ll never, ever, ever have the chance to take newborn pictures, sleep on my chest, and just be tiny again, so I made sure more than ever before with my daughters to be in the moment for every stage of his first six months. I do regret that those 6 months are already gone, and I also regret quite a few of the cute outfits he never got to wear, but what I’ll be able to say for my whole life is that I will never regret the time I spent during his first six months cuddling, snuggling, crying, bonding, and cherishing, that I’ll never get back but will always have in my head and in my heart.
Ok, now that the sappy part of this post is over, on to the
6 month pictures!
Here are some additional random pictures from the past month...![]() |
| This is the face I get when I won't take him from Daddy! |
| Very first time in the highchair |
| First impression of Santa? Jolly! |
| What a little stud! |
Mrs. J

No comments:
Post a Comment