.

.

Saturday, February 14, 2015

Mornings With Matthew

Each Tuesday and Thursday, Emily and Rosie are in preschool.  So, I get to spend time with Matthew alone.  Many times, we run errands, grab some lunch and then it's time to pick the girls up again.    It's amazing how quickly four hours can go!  Taking just one kid, who will (most of the time) quietly sit in a shopping cart is seriously the easiest thing in the world!  Just the mere act of getting one, instead of three, out of car seats and then back into car seats, to go into a few stores is so much easier and quicker.  That's the part I dislike the most of taking the kids somewhere.
Now that I've found a schedule at the Buford Library for toddler story time, I try to take him there each Thursday.  It's funny to see how shy he is at things like that when the girls aren't there with him. He just wants to sit on my lap and not participate in anything.  But he does LOVE getting the stamp at the end, so it's worth it just to see his excitement for that.  (It's the little things, people!)
When I go to the chiropractor with just him, it's the complete opposite.  He talks non-stop and bosses the receptionist around.  When Rosie is there, she takes charge, and he doesn't talk at all.  It's so interesting and sweet to see his true personality coming out at all different times and how he genuinely reacts to situations.
When we get to have lunch together, it's like little dates.  The last two times we did this, he didn't use a highchair or booster and seemed like such a grown up little boy!
This is where we "shared" a pizza, but I didn't get much of it.  This kid already eats like an adult!
Since I'm on the subject of Matthew, a quick update is due.  I just can't get over how much he's developing and really turning into a little boy.  There is definitely no baby in sight any longer, and he's working on getting rid of that toddler title as soon as possible as well.  Having older siblings, he really thinks he's the same age as them, constantly imitating them, following them everywhere, wanting to be involved in everything they're doing, and getting so excited to show things to them and involve them in what he's doing.  He really thinks he can do everything they do, like climbing on the kitchen stools, and things that I need to get after him about, because he's just not big enough.
He's also definitely getting a mind of his own, and letting you know when you upset him.  If he doesn't get what he wants sometimes, he sticks his little belly out in defiance and pouts.  It's so cute, you can't help but just laugh at him!  On the other end though, he's the sweetest little thing, running up out of nowhere to give me a hug or see what I'm doing.  I absolutely don't believe he could get any cuter than he is!
Matthew now weighs 30 pounds and looks like most 2 year olds that we meet, rather than only 1 and a 1/2.  24 month and 2T pants fit him best, with 18 month pants already being too short.  His vocabulary has exploded, including words I didn't even know he's heard before, and phrases that include 2-3 words.  He has even started counting on his own (each time he gets in bed and gathers his 2 or 3 pacifiers he must have)!  Another great thing is that he's already really interested in going potty on the toilet and has pooped and pee'd on it once.  Anyone who has talked to me about potty training knows how much of a train wreck it was for me with the girls, so if Matthew is going to be really easy with it, that will be wonderful and amazing!!

What an amazing light this child is in our lives!  He adds so much joy and entertainment to our family on a daily basis, and I certainly can't wait to find out what he has in store for us in the future!

Mrs. J

No comments:

Post a Comment