The next day, I told her to look outside again at the ice and she was excited again that "Elsa was here!!" She asked where Elsa went so I had to tell her that Elsa was here during the night, and she came to visit her and Emily, but they were sleeping, so she froze everything and left. Luckily, she was pretty content with that story!
Later in the day, the girls wanted to have an Ice Party. So we bundled up, headed outside and:
With the sun shining on the trees, they were all so beautiful and looked like they were made of glass!
This past week, we had a State of Emergency on Wednesday for winter weather, with 3-5" of snow in the forecast. It didn't start snowing on Wednesday until late in the afternoon and they were the largest flakes I've ever seen (or at least remember seeing). I sure I've seen many that big in the past, growing up in NY, but it's been a while. They were beautiful! We only got maybe 2" of snow, but we weren't sure if it would freeze and school would be cancelled on Thursday. It wasn't so off to school the girls went. I usually have a really hard time waking them up on school mornings, but as soon as I said "There's snow outside!" they couldn't get up fast enough! I wish I could use that to wake them up every day, but it probably wouldn't work after the first time I said it and there was no snow. They're too smart for that! I promised they could play in the snow before we left for school, as long as they dressed and ate quickly. They moved fast of course! They were dying to make a snowman, but unfortunately, there wasn't enough snow on the actual ground to build one. They still had fun, but their hands got cold quick, and off to school they went! I felt bad for them, because all the snow was gone by the time they got out of school.
It's so fun here when we get snow, because it only lasts a couple days, it's beautiful and the kids love it. I hope we get it again before the cold weather is over, but not sure that will happen! I guess we'll have to wait until next year!
Mrs. J
No comments:
Post a Comment