I CANNOT believe we're going to be parents!!!! And, not only will we be soon, but it sounds like it will be any day now! Yesterday, I had an appointment with my OB and I was dilated 2 cm already. She said that is not surprising, being pregnant with twins, and she'd be surprised if I didn't go into labor in the next week!
This morning I woke up and was still sore, and also had some fluid leak (sorry, TMI). I called the doctor office and they set me up to come in this afternoon. From the morning until my appointment, I was having more contractions and they felt stronger, but not painful. Scott thought for sure that we'd be going to the hospital after the appointment. Well, we were pretty close, but didn't go. I am now 4 cm dilated and 80% effaced!! The midwife that we met with doesn't believe there is any way I'll make it to my next appointment, which is on Tuesday and said I have all the signs I should have for her to admit me to the hospital, except for the contractions not being close enough to each other. So, we're definitely on watch now for the next couple immediate days.
I can't even believe this may be happening and it definitely does not seem real. Today, I'm 34 weeks and 3 days. We'd prefer to wait until 35 weeks, which is just 3 days away, but the OB and Specialist have ensured us that they would be perfectly fine if born now.
How exciting that we will be meeting our girls in no time!
Here are some pictures of the nursery. It is all completed, except for the dresser and recliner. The recliner is in the living room until they get here and we need it in their room. The dresser (which I LOVE) has been ordered but is on backorder until June 16. I'm crossing my fingers that it comes early, but if it doesn't, no biggy...it's not an immediate need that we can't live without for a couple weeks.
No comments:
Post a Comment