Things I miss about pre-pregnancy:
- HEELS - Misty showed me all the beautiful new shoes she's bought recently, while I was wearing flip flops that are half chewed by Reece!
- Running - always such a great stress reliever and makes me feel so good when I get outside and run. I can't wait to run again!
- Walking/going to the park with the dogs. I've always conditioned them (and me) to be outside, walking, going to the park, and now we sit in the house all day. I can't wait to take the dogs and girls on walks!
- Walking more than 20 feet or so without feeling winded and like my body is dead! That one day I go to work each week puts me in a coma when I get home and my hips and legs are pretty sore the next day.
On to the important stuff! I had an ultrasound with the Specialist yesterday afternoon. We had a GREAT surprise when the technician switched the machine to 3D!! It was so amazing and we now have shots that so closely look like we have actual photos of our child! I say child, not children, because we only got photos of Baby B (Taylor). Baby A (Emily) was being shy, as usual, and also as usual Baby B was ready for the camera. I think she has Scott's lips and he thinks she has my nose. It is just so amazing, beyond words, when I look at those pictures and realize that is our child!!! Both babies are very active, most of the time, and that is always a good sign. Baby B is now up to 5lbs, 4oz. and Baby A is up to 4lbs, 11oz. They gained quite a bit in 2 weeks as did I! I felt so HUGE today when we went to the furniture store to order the dresser and realized that I weigh more than it does! Both babies have great fluid levels, are growing at a strong rate and will be perfectly fine if born any time after Sunday. Sunday will be 34 weeks and that is the final milestone for sucking reflexes and lung development. The doctor mentioned that 35 weeks is probably the key for them to spend no extra time in the hospital besides the time I am there recovering. He really thinks, as does my OB/GYN, that I should schedule the delivery for 37 weeks, rather than waiting until 38 weeks. He said it's highly unlikely that I will make it to 38 weeks so it's better to plan before that time. So, Scott and I are now deciding on a date for our girls to arrive...which will be about 3 weeks away!!!!!! I will go back to the Specialist in two weeks and hopefully we'll get more 3D pictures, but would like Baby A to cooperate!
Scott's dad Frank, and Val, came into town for a couple days and were able to join us at the ultrasound, which was a real treat for them since we got to do the 3D. We also put Frank to work putting up the rest of the pictures in the nursery. It is now completely done, except for the dresser, which was ordered today but is on backorder until mid June :( :( :( :( :( and putting the recliner in their room. I'll take pictures and post them soon though.
| Baby B (Taylor) enjoying her spotlight in the camera! Any votes on Dad's mouth and Mom's nose? |
| More great shots of Baby B!! I just can't believe these amazing photos! What a great surprise! |
| Go Braves! The girls' first MLB experience! I think they really enjoyed the foot long hotdog, lemonade, pistachios, popcorn and ice cream! |
| Cousin Mike got to hang out and see how huge I have become! |
Enjoy the pictures and thanks for reading about the Jergler Girls!
Angela
No comments:
Post a Comment