Monday, I ventured out on my own with 2 of 3 kids. Rosie, Matthew and I went on a few store errands. Scott dropped Emily off at his mom's house, while he helped his step dad with some moving of stuff. I always love taking my kids shopping, maybe hoping they become good shoppers too! We'll see if I like it as much once I have to take all 3 of them out on my own!
Tuesday, Scott worked on some much needed projects around the house, and I was so proud of him for starting and finishing a home improvement project! We also made a trip to BJ's Wholesale, to stock up on home supplies and food. Scott really wanted to go, and I was hesitant, since I felt before that either there wasn't that big of a deal between items there and regular stores, and I feel like when we buy food items there, we end up wasting a lot. But, once I got in there, I certainly found lots of great things to buy! It was definitely like a Modern Family show episode where Cam took Mitchell to Costco and Mitchell was being such a snob about it. Once he was there, he loaded up about 5 carts of things and was so excited! The girls had a good time there since it wasn't very busy and we let them out of the cart. They were running around, enjoying all the stuff we were putting the cart, and playing with each other. Scott got a cute picture of them as they were running down an aisle holding hands. I LOVE when they do that! Anyway, Scott had said when we got there that he guessed we'd spend an easy $100 there. Well...here is what $400 will get you at BJ's!!
Wednesday, after Matthew and I got back from his two week doctor check up, the five of us headed to the Children's Museum in Gainesville. We'd never been there before, but it looked decent online and seemed like it'd be closer than going to the Atlanta Children's Museum, and cheaper! Well, I don't think we'll be going back. It was so old and run down that I just hated it! And, it was $32 for the 4 of us, which I think is a lot to charge for 2 year olds. Most of the exhibits they had were geared towards learning for older kids, and there were plenty of them since there were a few schools/day camps that were there at that time. The girls got pretty run over by the rest of the kids. But, everything is fun to them, so they enjoyed it. I think I'll just take them to Atlanta next time!
Today, we had an even better family day, going to Zoo Atlanta. We actually went with the group of kids that Scott usually takes on field trips when he's working, so we got to go for free (nice!!). I am SO happy and proud of how much my children love animals! I've always been an animal lover myself and want to make sure my kids love and respect animals as well. No need to worry, they had a great time and loved looking at all the animals. Each time we looked at an animal, Rosie would say "more" and want to see the next one. Emily's favorite exhibits were any type of monkeys, the tigers, and the World of Reptiles. This girl loves her turtles and frogs and whenever we'd point out the frog or turtle in an exhibit and she laid eyes on it, she'd get a bright smile on her face and laugh with joy! And, WOW, does this girl love her monkeys!! She was enthralled with the Gorillas and when we came upon the cute little orange monkeys (Tamarinds), she was so mesmerized! As far as Matthew was concerned...today was the first time I used the baby carrier and he sure loved it. He slept through the entire zoo trip, nice and cozy!
![]() |
| Emily loved watching the Tigers |
![]() |
| Mesmerized by her favorite animal...monkeys |
![]() |
| Here's what Matthew thought of the Zoo |
I love my family!
Mrs. J







No comments:
Post a Comment