Wow! I would give anything to have video
taped this entire weekend and keep it forever! It was definitely one of
those weekends that absolutely makes me love being a mom. I knew
Saturday would be hectic, and I knew I'd be pushing the girls to the extreme,
but I did it anyway. And it miraculously turned out perfectly!
It started out at 6:00AM when I had to wake them up
two hours early, to go downtown to the Metro Atlanta Heart Walk. I had
planned on doing this walk with my co-workers anyway, but after my Grandmother
recently died, it was that much more important to me. I received some
very generous donations from family and friends, so we had to make sure we did
a good job and represented well! Since it was so much earlier than they usually
get up, they had their breakfast when we got there of juice boxes, bananas and
cereal, in their stroller. The girls were so well behaved and Matthew was
such a sweetheart to everyone that talked to him. Grandma pushed the
girls in the stroller and I carried Matthew in his Ergo carrier. It was a
wonderful event and a great turnout!
On the way home from the Heart Walk, we had
to stop at the mall since I had a couple stores to return items at. Grandma
entertained the girls with smoothies and cookies and I carried Matthew around
with me. I think getting them in and out of the car and stroller took
longer than the time we were in the mall. Why do I have to add things to
an already ridiculous schedule??
| My Walk Passenger |
| Classic! |
| Happy, Happy Boy! What a ham! |
We ran home so we could all change clothes, I could
feed Matthew and we could prepare for our next event of the day. Grandma
and Matthew got dropped off at her house and then me and the girls headed to
their friend, Eva's, second birthday party. I knew the girls would love
the party because it was a Minnie Mouse party and they are full into the Minnie
Mouse/Mickey Mouse/Daisy Duck obsession phase. They wore their favorite
Minnie Mouse outfits, were very good listeners, had loads of fun, and were so
cute!
I was worried how the day would go because I knew
we'd have no time for normal nap time, so I was hoping they would nap in the
car and we'd be good. I started to get nervous because only Rosie slept
on the way home from the Heart Walk. But, I was saved because Emily slept
the whole way to the birthday party.
From the party, we headed downtown again for Disney
On Ice! Scott had to work all day so was meeting us for our final, and
third, event of the day. He and I were SOOO excited to take the girls to
this event! They loved it!! Emily was mesmerized the
entire time. Rosie was concerned about getting popcorn the whole time
{she finally got it during intermission}. The thrill of seeing your
children so excited is something I know I will never get tired of!
I so very much enjoyed getting to focus on the
girls again for not only one, but two, activities, without Matthew.
Since he was born, there hasn't been a single time that I've been able to
just focus on them and enjoy undivided attention with them. It was really
fun.
Sunday, we were back at the playground, which I
think has become our weekly Sunday tradition! I invited my friend Stacey,
with her twin boys, to join us since they were planning to come over to our
house anyway.
For a mother, this was a dream weekend! We got
to do so many fun things, everyone was well behaved and happy, the traffic into
the city was miraculously a breeze, and we really enjoyed every activity and
spending time together.
| Landon and Chase taught us how twins use the swings! |
Although, I guess the busy schedule finally got to
them, because the perfect picture was short lived. Rosie had the worst
meltdown I've ever seen from her at bedtime on Sunday night. I had to
hold her down to change her clothes and ended up just putting her in her bed
naked and leaving the room just so I could take some deep breaths and figure
out how to deal with her! Then, Emily ended up having her tantrum because
she wanted Scott to brush her teeth instead of me.
I guess reality had to set back in at some point!
:)
Mrs. J

No comments:
Post a Comment