.

.

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Little People

I've really noticed an important developmental transformation in both Emily and Rosie this week.  {Wow!  Look at all those big words I just used in one sentence!  Maybe I've had an important developmental transformation too!}  They are starting to process and remember things they've done, even back to a week before.  I know for a while they've been able to recognize familiar places and people but I think this is different.  Up until now, their immature and growing little minds were only developed enough to live in the present time.
Although, they may have remembered things that they did, but they couldn't tell us they remember.  But now, they can recite back what they did during the day, or what they did even a week ago.  Ok, maybe this is an obvious and boring fact to most of you, but I really think this is so cool, to see how they're progressing into little people!  A perfect example, and the example that made me want to write about it, is yesterday, after we left dinner at Moe's.  Poor little Rosie is really the clumsiest person I've ever met.  She could trip and fall just from standing in one spot sometimes!  She has to run everywhere, doesn't watch what she's running over, and usually falls flat on her face!  Last week, when we left the restaurant, she was running along the sidewalk and kept running right over the curb and onto the pavement of the parking lot.  She of course fell, cried, scraped her knees, and needed me to kiss them.  I felt so bad because it was one of those things that I totally saw coming but couldn't prevent!  Anyway, when we left Moe's yesterday, they ran along the sidewalk but stopped and waited while I got Matthew's car seat in.  When it was time for them to get in the car, Rosie stepped onto the pavement and said "Mommy, I fall last time!"  She remembered what happened a week ago, told me about it, and I thought it was so cool!
Another example, is when I ask what they did during the day.  They were at Grandma's house most of the day on Sunday and when I got there I asked them what they did.  I usually have to come up with things and they'll say Yes or No.  But when I asked Sunday, Rosie would say "umm...bath!"  She had that thinking look on and then told me what they did {took a bath}.  I'd ask what else and she'd say "umm...eat eat cheese!"{mac and cheese for lunch}  I asked what else, then Emily said they walked in the water {creek behind their house}.  At dinner yesterday I asked "what did you do at school today" and Emily yelled {in Moe's} "I peed on the potty!"
Oh, how much fun to have real conversations with them now!!  It's so sweet and so entertaining!  I am SO loving this next stage in their lives!

As for Little Boy -
He is 14 weeks old and 14 pounds!!  We really have a thing with numbers in this family!  Remember when I posted the 23 weeks/23 months update?  The girls were due on my Grandma Rose's birthday, Matthew was due on my best friends' birthday, and he was born on my Grandma Carolyn's birthday.  Anyway...just some quick interesting facts there!
This boy is SOOOOO sweet and SOOOOO cute that I can't even stand it!  He is doing great at daycare and charming everyone!  He smiles those big, open mouthed smiles, at everyone and is the best cuddler around!

Here's {most of} my family!  Rosie was being defiant in this picture and wouldn't stop playing with my hair!

Mrs. J

No comments:

Post a Comment