I felt pretty bad during the night of their arrival. It was New Year's Eve {the biggest party night of the year} and I hadn't prepared a single thing to keep them entertained, or feed them. They got to the house around 9:30, with my brother in law, and I spent the evening on the recliner with Matthew, trying as hard as possible not to dose off. Matthew was pretty fussy for some reason so I took him in my room to lay with him and nurse him to sleep. I fell asleep in the process and woke up at 11:30! Opa and Oma had put the girls to bed and luckily, Dan was still here entraining them! I sat back in the recliner to watch the Ball Drop with them and was again fighting dosing off the whole time and ended up going back to bed about 12:30am! What a horrible host! I apologized the next morning that I didn't have any snacks, fell asleep, and that they had to put the girls to bed on their own. They did mind... or at least acted like they didn't! Luckily, Scott was off work the next 3 days that they were here, so he entertained them and took them around town.
The girls loved doing breakfast with them every morning, eating Opa's yummy chocolate chip pancakes, and helping him in the kitchen.
Saturday, I took them to the Tellus Science Museum in Cartersville, GA since Oma is quite the science and rock lover. It was pretty interesting and there was a fun area for the girls to run around. They even got to mine for gems and dig for fossils! Poor Opa paid extra for us to go to the Planitarium show with all 3 kids. Matthew and I only lasted about 30 seconds before I had to take him out of the theater and nurse him. About 2 minutes later, Oma and Emily come out since Emily said she had to go potty. About 30 seconds after that, here comes Opa and Rosie! You weren't allowed back into the show after it started...
Mrs. J





No comments:
Post a Comment