Each Mother's Day has been special for me, just knowing I am part of an elite group of women who have the privilege of having and raising children. A few years ago, I didn't believe I'd ever have the title of Mother, so to be that for 3 children already is so extremely special.
My day of honor started with "Munchies with Mom" at the girls' preschool. Matthew stayed with Grandma for the day, so I could focus on Emily & Rosie and the program they had at the school. The kids started out with singing us two songs, then we had lunch together, and the girls had made a cute necklace for me out of their thumbprints, and a couple of personalized place mats. It was so enjoyable just to sit and have a meal with them, conversing with them like they were my best friends.
On the day before Mother's Day, the 5 of us went out to lunch and Scott told me he had actually planned to take the kids to the grocery store to pick out whatever they wanted to make me breakfast the next morning. Since I didn't stay home, I tagged along and was asked for preferences, but then had to leave while the kids picked out their own snacks for me. It was cute.
On the actual day of Mother's Day, we slowly got up, Scott made us breakfast, then we just hung around the house. One special treat that Emily and Rosie wanted to give me for Mother's Day was painting my nails. They really got into it and used multiple colors with multiple layers. Because it was so thick, the polish didn't last very long, not really even into the next day, but they sure had a good time with it!
Rosie and I ended up going shopping for a few hours, then it was dinner out together. I received a beautiful pearl bracelet that has a charm that says "I Am Loved" as well. It was a simple, ordinary day, but a very special day, being able to spend time with the whole family, which doesn't always get to happen very often!
Mrs. J
No comments:
Post a Comment