.

.

Monday, March 31, 2014

Family Vacation!

Mid-March, Scott and I took the kids on a one night family vacation.  It was such a fun adventure!  It was the first time we'd ever taken them on vacation, somewhere other than out of town to visit family, on our own, without grandparents to help us.  If I didn't feel it before, this trip really made me feel like a grown up!  All I could think of most of the time was my parents taking us on trips and I kept thinking "so THIS is what its like to be a grown up, vacationing with your kids!"
Scott wouldn't tell me where we were going, just booked it and surprised all of us.  He ended up taking us to Great Wolf Lodge, in Concord, NC.  It's just outside of Charlotte, just off I-85.  It was a pretty short drive, and couldn't be in an easier location.  It should have taken us 3 hours to get there, but took more like 4, since the girls had to stop for I think 6 potty breaks!  Hey, at least they always told us, and we had no accidents the entire trip (except for the time Rosie pooped in her bathing suit!).  One night was perfect for us, since we were all staying in one room together and Matthew wanted no part in the crib they left for us, and was up all night long.
They had lots of activities for all ages, including a "Cub Club Pass" for those guests aged 5 and younger.  The most obvious activity was the Water Park:
Matthew was not a big fan of being put in the water.  Each time, I'd have to sit with him between my legs and he'd eventually warm up to it.
 They had a fun toddler area with a gradual deeper grade into the water, little fountains, slides and climbing things, but once the girls got used to the Ocean pool, they didn't want to be anywhere else.  Emily also went down two big person slides (not necessarily willingly) and said she liked it, although her face showed otherwise when she got out.  There was NO coaxing Rosie down the slides.  They had some pretty big curvy and exciting slides, but you had to be 42" to ride those, and you couldn't go down with them, so we'll have to save those ones for at least a year from now.
Evening activities included dinner, the Arcade and a little show with a bedtime story.
 I think Emily and Rosie's favorite part of the trip was the Arcade:
The second morning we were there, the girls enjoyed their 'Cub Club' passes with making their own stuffed wolves and coloring their own pillow cases.  They also enjoyed face painting and ice cream!
This will definitely become a regular place for us to visit!  Although, next time, I think we'll bring some help with us...mostly so Scott and I can go on the 'big kid' slides together!

Mrs. J

No comments:

Post a Comment