Having grown up in a rural, small town with horses, dogs, cats and chickens on our property, I hate that my kids will never have that. Growing up in the suburbs is quite different, even though we do have 3 acres.
One thing that I love about our area, is that the cities we're in and right next to have really done a nice job on parks and green space. There are lots of parks, playgrounds and walking trails. I try to get out to those whenever we can. Three weeks ago, I took Rosie and Matthew to the park, while Emily did errands with Scott. It was such a beautiful day, one of those days that's surrounded by cold, wintery days. I think it was in the 70s! Rosie dressed herself to play outside...
But she was a good sport about switching to more appropriate attire before heading to the park.
 |
| Rosie wanted to show Matthew her favorite activity at the park. |
 |
| First time on a swing! He must not have been very impressed because he started to dose off. |
In addition to the local parks, the property behind our wooded 3 acres continues as woods and then opens to a large field area and two creeks. We've been in this house for 2 years now and I cannot believe a couple weeks ago was the very first time I explored that area. It was SO nice and made me feel for a little bit that I was back in the country. I needed some exercise to clear my mind, and needed a break from the tantrums and demands of the girls, so I strapped Matthew into the Ergo baby carrier and went for a hike with the dogs. The next weekend, I couldn't wait to get the girls out there. They had a blast exploring, hiking, and throwing rocks in the water. Most of the time, they are stuck to the iPads and TV shows, so even if it is just a little gem in the middle of the suburbs, I love that they can experience something like I did, growing up, and can get some much needed fresh air!
 |
| Unfortunately, this is how they spend most of their time (Em on the iPad, Matthew already watching TV!) |
 |
| I gained a passenger on the way home... |
 |
| Rosie had to take a rest on the way home. |
No comments:
Post a Comment