March 21, 2014
Matthew is now 9 months old. This is impossible! {Well, almost 9 1/2 months old by the time I'm actually posting this!}This time with him is just flying even more than I knew it would. For some reason, his 8th month went incredibly fast and now here we are. He's at the point that he's now older than the timeframe I was pregnant with him. He's at the point that he's only 3 short months away from turning ONE! He's at the point that he'll be walking and talking soon and I'll wonder where that sweet little baby went. Actually, I'm already wondering that! At his 9 month checkup yesterday, I was very sad to see on the questionnaire that they refer to 9 month olds as 'toddlers'. I was taken aback and though, "No! Wait a minute! I certainly don't have 3 toddlers! My youngest is a BABY until he's at least one year old!" Please don't make me rush this anymore than its already going with your awful labels!
Matthew got rave reviews at his checkup and only one vaccine(Flu booster) this time around. He was a bigger baby with this one than he's ever been with any of the other vaccines, and usually has three or four at a time. Once I pick him up, he usually stops crying, but this time, he continued pitiful little sympathy cries for a while. But, of course they worked on me, cause I cuddled him through it like there would be no tomorrow. How could I not? He's so ridiculously CUTE when he's like that!!!"
Doctor Visit Stats:
3/21/14 Weight - 19.8 pounds (25-50th percentile)
3/21/14 Height - 27.5 inches (95th percentile)
3/21/14 Head Circumference - 18 inches (50th percentile)
Birth (Comparison) Stats:
6/12/13 Weight - 8.2 pounds
6/21/13 Height - 21.5 inches
6/21/13 Head Circumference - 13.5 inches
The doctor said he's progressing along the growth charts steadily and smoothly. He couldn't stop mentioning how much he enjoyed watching him and being in the room with him because he's so alert, animated, curious, friendly and happy!
He's been waving good bye to us when we drop him off at daycare, and has started standing on his own for a few seconds at a time. This little boy will be chasing his sisters around, on his own two feet, in no time!
Another significant change this month is in Matthew's looks. From day one, he was a spitting image of ME. But now, quite a few people have been commenting to me that he looks just like Scott. I can especially see it now in this silly picture:
And here's two more, just because he's so dang cute!
Have I mentioned before that I love this little boy?? LOVE him!!
Mrs. J






No comments:
Post a Comment